- Usage: Medium and always as additional material
- mixing: Excellent blending abilities
- brilliance: very good
- Pricing: 4 of 5, expensive
Compared to others i find Polychromos expensive but very reliable. The quality is exellent. Good layering techniques and a huge variety of choices. I miss greenish and blueish greys. I do think everyone should have a decent set of color pencils at home.
I use them in addition to my copic markers. Love to set highlights or blues with it. And i believe they look great if you use more than one color. The shading and mixing is a lot of fun.
- Reliable brand, you can rebuy every pencil.
- Pricey but still affordable. They will last for a long time.
- Some of the colors aren’t soft.
- There are cheaper alternetives
Box sets and Pricing
Faber Castell is together with Koh i Noor and Carandache the most popular one in Germany. I’ve picked up some prices (no garantuee they are up to date):
- 85 € Polychromos, 60 Tinbox
- 42 € Prismacolor, 72 Tinbox
- 38 € Koh i Noor, 72 Tinbox
- 77 € Lyra, 72 Tinbox
- 25 € Taotree, 72 Tinbox